Sunday, March 10, 2013

Enough about me...

This blog has, to date, primarily been used to keep people updated on my progress in the sport. While I enjoy and intend to continue offering a look into my racing and training, I feel there is an opportunity to do a bit more. As my readership has grown so has the potential for an expanded range of topics. This past year I was fortunate enough to work with a handful of phenomenal companies and had the pleasure of reviewing their products and services. The response I received let me know that the people reading this blog were interested in more than just me (shocking, right!!). For a few weeks I have worked on ideas to bring more of this material to those interested in reading it. Ultimately, I think I've come up with an idea that will be of interest to the people following my career. In the coming weeks I intend to conduct and run a series of interviews with those people that have offered their time, knowledge, and kindness to me on my rise through the sport. While I've become moderately successful, I certainly haven't done so on my own; an amazing support team is behind my development. I hope to use these interviews as an opportunity to give back to those that have helped me develop as an athlete. It will allow these people to share a bit about themselves and, as a result, offer some exceptional advice. My wish is that hearing these stories will inspire someone to reach out and offer guidance to young athletes in the same way others have for me. 

I have developed a list of potential interviewees and will be reaching out to those people soon. However, I am open to suggestions. If there is a person you have read about in my pervious posts that you would like to hear from, please leave a comment and I will see what can be done.


No comments:

Post a Comment